Should your computer malfunction and your work be lost, think of the man in another country who was born into poverty and is illiterate, how he would long to be able to write those words again.
Should you agonize over a new found grey hair, think of the cancer patient who wishes she had that hair to examine.
Should your car break down, leaving you stranded and miles from any assistance, think of the paraplegic who would give anything to take that walk.
Should you have a bad day at work, think of the man who has been out of work for years.
Should you grieve over the end of an enjoyable weekend, think of the woman in another country who works 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, just to be able to feed her children.
Should you find yourself the victim of other people’s ignorance or bitterness, be thankful. They are just our teachers, reminding us of the path not to take. When you find yourself in these difficult situations with others, always remember, it could be worse, you could be one of them! — R. Sharma (via maluna) (via neverletthisgo)
Doing this could change everything.
There are four questions of value in life… What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love. — Johnny Depp (via kari-shma)
Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio [via: Amazing Posts]
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch!
- Pay off your credit cards every month.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
- It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
- Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
- Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
- It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special..
- Over prepare, then go with the flow.
- Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
- The most important sex organ is the brain.
- No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
- Always choose life.
- Forgive everyone of everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Believe in miracles.
- God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
- Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
- Your children get only one childhood.
- All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
- Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift
lilcaitybeez fishcakes95 amber-dancer